Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Where to get replacement central heating radiator valve knobs?

I've been looking for one that is basically an outside plastic bit and an
inside plastic bit. the outer bit screws into the valve and the inner bit
has a serrated hole with a metal bit across that fits into a slot in the
valve.

Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Graham." wrote in message
On Sat, 1 Dec 2012 21:00:27 +0000, Ian Jackson
wrote:

I'm having great difficulty in finding anywhere that sells bog standard
knobs for bog standard radiator valves. Caps/tops - loads of them, but
of knobs there is no sign. Surely you don't have to buy a complete valve
in order to get a knob? Can anyone advise?

By Bog-Standard I expect you don't mean a TRV.
So given that, what do you mean by a "top" and how do they differ from
a knob. Is a "cap" the plastic part that makes a valve into a lock
shield valve?

--
Graham.
%Profound_observation%