Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ian Jackson[_2_] Ian Jackson[_2_] is offline

Default Where to get replacement central heating radiator valve knobs?

In message , Graham.
writes
On Sat, 1 Dec 2012 21:00:27 +0000, Ian Jackson
wrote:

I'm having great difficulty in finding anywhere that sells bog standard
knobs for bog standard radiator valves. Caps/tops - loads of them, but
of knobs there is no sign. Surely you don't have to buy a complete valve
in order to get a knob? Can anyone advise?

By Bog-Standard I expect you don't mean a TRV.

No, it's the simple, old-fashioned, turn-it-yourself valve.

So given that, what do you mean by a "top" and how do they differ from
a knob. Is a "cap" the plastic part that makes a valve into a lock
shield valve?

Most sites call caps 'caps', but I think I've seen one or two refer to
them as 'tops' or 'covers' (like this)
http://www.screwfix.com/p/universal-...te-finish-25mm
/35656
which isn't what I want. I want a knob (about a dozen), like the one on
this valve:
http://www.screwfix.com/p/angled-radiator-valve-chrome-15mm-x/33920
Hen's teeth seem two-a-penny compared with knobs.
--
Ian