Posted to alt.home.repair
TomR[_3_] TomR[_3_] is offline

Default Plumbing question

Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article ,
Tim Watts wrote:

Kurt Ullman wrote:

The tube that runs from the water valve to the faucet is leaking at
the valve. It looks like the washer on the end is messed up. I
can't find a new washer and tape doesn't work. Is there any thing
that I can put over the threads or something else to do? The vanity
and the bathroom are very small and I am big, so I am trying to
avoid getting up under there to replace the entire line if there is
a viable alternative. Any?

Are you referring to one of these:

http://www-img.toolstation.com/image...bbig/86348.jpg

That is it. I thought I'd need to do that, but I wasn't able to find
a replacement washer (at least at the local Ace) and I am trying to
not replace the whole thing if I can get around for the reasons above.

A photo might help. With a photo, people here could see what type of
fitting/connection there is at the point of the leak. You can use something
like http://tinypic.com/ to post the photo.