Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What is sun angle on shortest day of the year?

On Dec 1, 7:12*am, "Frank.Logullo" wrote:
On 11/30/2012 4:43 PM, chaniarts wrote:

On 11/30/2012 2:34 PM, hr(bob) wrote:
I'm trying to figure out the length of a shadow from a 90 ft tall
building on the shortest day of the year. *Anyone have reference for
the sun angle on the shortest day. *Haven't googled it yet, thought
someone here might know.

won't it be different depending upon your latitude?

Back in the Boy Scouts we would measure the length of the shadow of a
yard stick and do proportions.

I was going to do that around noon yesterrday, but the clouds moved in
and ruined that idea. At a shadow of 190 feet, that's going to put a
shadow from a proposed building across a large area of downtown
Naperville's Riverwalk, which is what many of us are opposed to.