Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Improvised milling machine

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Sat, 1 Dec 2012 08:48:26 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"William Bagwell" wrote in message
$39.99 supposedly marked down from $79.99. No coupons... Need to
look at one of
those panels next time I'm in there. Have been dreaming of solar
since we built
our house twenty years ago. Roof faces as close to true south as I
could get it
and the pitch angle matches our latitude....

They'd put out "45W" into a 17V battery or intelligent switchmode
charger. The current is about the same for a 12V battery but of
course
the wattage is lower. The charger in the kit simply connects the
panel
to the battery as long as the battery voltage is below 14.4V.

My HF panel kit was good for 2.8A when new, now it rarely reaches
2.0A.

How old are those, Jim?

February 2011.

My panels can't produce $0.02 worth
of grid electricity per day.

No, they're not for powering the grid. g A several KW/H system
is
better for doing that.

Grid-rate electricity, $0.15 per KWH. They do better vs generator-rate
electricity which I roughly estimate as $0.50 to $1.00 per KWH, highly
dependent on % of full load and the remaining life of the genny.
jsw