Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default Improvised milling machine

On Fri, 30 Nov 2012 18:40:53 -0500
William Bagwell wrote:

snip
I was using soft stick wax for my test cuts today. Want to try some thing more
liquid to keep the chips flushed out. Straight blade since the half round one
that came with my tool is too wide to fit in the slots I'm trying to lengthen.

If I recall correctly, I thought your mold could hold water. If so I
would probably try putting in enough water to just cover the area you
want to cut and then run the cutter/blade underwater. With the way
those tools work I don't think you would get much splashing around and
the water should help keep the blade/cut area cool.

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b