Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default Inconspicauous, closable ventilators other than trickle vents?

On Dec 1, 1:53*pm, "Robin" wrote:
I'm decorating a room where the fireplace was closed up many years ago
without any ventilation. *There are no signs of damp in the chimney; and
the risks of it should be reduced further now we've had the chimney
capped with a "pepper pot" vent. *But I'd like to provide a bit of
ventilation from the room to guard against condensation in the chimney.
Also the windows have no trickle vents (and being aluminium framed I
can't fit any). I'd prefer a vent we can close when it's parky and
blowing a gale. *Something like a round soffit vent in the skirting
board might be OK but I can't find any which are closable. I don't fancy
a plastic hit-and-miss in the wall or skirting board (we're not
houseproud but there are limits to what 'er indoors will stick). *All
I've found so far are trickle vents for windows which I think I could
fit to the skirting boards by just drilling a line of holes. *(I'm not
up to router work.) *Any other ideas please?

--
Robin
reply to address is (meant to be) valid

Google:- hit or miss ventilator