Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Plumbing question

On Dec 1, 8:38*am, bob haller wrote:
On Dec 1, 7:52*am, Kurt Ullman wrote:

The tube that runs from the water valve to the faucet is leaking at the
valve. It looks like the washer on the end is messed up. I can't find a
new washer and tape doesn't work. Is there any thing that I can put over
the threads or something else to do? The vanity and the bathroom are
very small and I am big, so I am trying to avoid getting up under there
to replace the entire line if there is a viable alternative. Any?
the *******s."-- Claire Wolfe

Your line may be failing at the connector, its probably a good idea to
replace BOTH LINES, otherwise a blown line could flood your

even if you have to get a plumber or friend to do the replacement!

It's not clear what kind of connector he actually has.
He said "tube" which could mean it's one of the solid
tubing types which uses compression fittings. On
those, taping the threads isn't going to do anything.
He also said washer, and I think in general any
of these lines relies on some kind of compression ferrule
or washer to seal. Taping isn't going to work.