Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default Your home AC prep for somer

On Nov 30, 1:21*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
I helped change an outdoor unit, maybe ten years ago.
The old one coming out was a heat pump unit with
a piston compressor. We put in AC outdoor unit with
new rotary scroll compressor. The customer remarked
how quiet it was. The old unit, so noisy you could hardly
be outdoors when it was running. I arrived after the old
unit died, so I didn't get to take amp draw reading. I'm
sure *the new unit was more efficient.

No it wasn't.
In all cases, all the electricity was converted to heat.
All electricityheat conversions are 100% efficient.

The coefficient of performance may have been better.

You clearly don't understand the technology.