Posted to alt.home.repair
Tegger[_3_] Tegger[_3_] is offline

Default Is this door adjustable?

Oren wrote in
:

Side where it leaks:

http://i47.tinypic.com/fxrm79.jpg

You cannot see the gasket in this one.

You can't? Then what's the roundy strip between the door and the smoker
body? To my defective eyes, that looks like a gasket.

There is smoke stains at the
top of the door adjacent the metal plate. I noticed smaller gasket
openings along the door (not near as wide).

When I measure with my tape on screen with your pictures, that door seems
mounted perfectly parallel with the body of the smoker. Have you checked
that distance with your tape?

I have a suspicion that the entire hinge-area is too far away from the
smoker, and the staining is happening at the top only because smoke rises.

Open the door with your right hand. With your left hand, insert a piece of
paper at the top of the door, between the door-gasket and the smoker, where
the staining is. Hold on to the paper.

Close the door with your right hand. The paper should end up trapped
between the door and body. Now slide that paper downwards. Is it really
loose until it hits a certain spot, or is it really loose all the way down?

Front: Above the door is the digital electronic controls

http://i49.tinypic.com/fvkbqf.jpg

Doesn't tell me much, unfortunately, except that the door seems straight
left-to-right as well.

--
Tegger