Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
PrecisionmachinisT PrecisionmachinisT is offline

Default Any Erector Set folks out there?

"jon_banquer" wrote in message
On Nov 30, 8:54 pm, "Pete S" wrote:
Seems that fewer and fewer kids are learning about building things with
toys
that use real nuts and bolts these days. I think that's too bad.
I just gathered up my own small collection of Gilbert Erector set stuff
and
put up a webpage about it.

It's at:

http://www.spaco.org/MachineShop/Ere...ErectorSet.htm

The period I'm interested in is the 1940's and 1950's. Shortly after that
era they started taking all the fun out of it with plastic parts and low
power battery motors.

Pete Stanaitis

Oh, and of course I had an Erector set growing up. I preferred Lionel
trains to American Flyer though. At one point I have a huge collection
of Lionel trains and while under legal working age I worked for Harry
Gordon who made reproduction Lionel and American Flyer train parts. I
also helped to run Harry Gordon's huge train setup during the
holidays. It needed 4 people to run it, it was so big. Brings back
memories of **** I haven't thought of in years. Thanks!

====

http://www.scltc.org/pages/galleries/images.asp?GalleryID={ED545E0B-011B-4D1A-A4BD-F98C9E925514}