Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
William Bagwell William Bagwell is offline

Default Improvised milling machine

On Tue, 27 Nov 2012 01:16:11 -0500, "Steve W." wrote:

I have 2 of the single speed units. They actually work very well. With
aluminum the problem becomes heat related. The
aluminum actually heats up enough that it gets gummy and bonds to the
teeth. I just applied some common ivory soap to the
teeth and it made a big difference.
Darn thing does come in handy at times.

I was using soft stick wax for my test cuts today. Want to try some thing more
liquid to keep the chips flushed out. Straight blade since the half round one
that came with my tool is too wide to fit in the slots I'm trying to lengthen.
--
William