Posted to sci.electronics.repair
cLx[_2_] cLx[_2_] is offline

Default Induction Cooking Table : IGBT keeping to short !

On 29/11/2012 11:23, Franc Zabkar wrote:
On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 19:22:28 -0800 (PST), put
finger to keyboard and composed:

You got 0.68uF and you are afraid to use 1uFs ? Just use them as long as the current capabilities are up to snuff. The value does not mean **** as long as it doesn't go too low.

Wouldn't increasing the capacitance from 0.68uF to 1uF result in a 50%
increase in cooking energy?

Also, wouldn't each capacitor take longer to charge, and if the
capacitor wasn't fully charged when the IGBT switched off, wouldn't
this result in an interruption of the current in the coils, with a
potentially damaging back-EMF? Or am I completely misunderstanding how
this appliance works?

It's a serie LC resonnance driven by a half bridge switcher, if I'm correct.