Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Leif Neland Leif Neland is offline

Default waxy plastic gear repair

Splork udtrykte præcist:
My low tech pencil sharpener has a drive that uses a 2.2" gear to drive the
mechanism from the motor. The gear broke into 3 pieces.

I can probably repair it but am unsure of the composition and what to use for
cement/ strengthening.

It is an Amber waxy looking/feeling material and it scrapes like wax.

Perhaps you can find somebody with a 3D-printer who will print a new
gear?

Somebody who has made their own 3D-printer might be looking for
interesting stuff to print.

But then again, get a new one, unless you have lot of free time and no
money.

Leif

--
Husk kørelys bagpå, hvis din bilfabrikant har taget den idiotiske
beslutning at undlade det.