Posted to alt.home.repair
Jon Danniken[_7_] Jon Danniken[_7_] is offline

Default Not too late to stock up...

On 11/28/2012 05:11 PM, bob haller wrote:
On Nov 28, 8:06 pm, wrote:
On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 14:08:18 -0600, "HeyBub"
wrote:

The ban on 75-watt bulbs takes effect January 1st, 2013.

I bought 200 (100 clear and 100 frosted) 100W bulbs last summer (and
have 300, or so, clear 60W bulbs), so I'm alright there. I need to
lay in some 40s, though. The dining room lamp is a tad bright with
the nine 60W bulbs.

Frankly I prefer the CFLs and my lower electric bill and look forward
to cost effective LEDs I DONT understand all the complaints.......

I also enjoy the lower cost of CFLs in, for instance, the living room
and in my bedroom, as these lights tend to stay on for hours at a time.

In the bathroom, kitchen, laundry room, and hallway, however, I
absolutely prefer incandescent, because they come on to full brighness
within a fraction of a second.

Jon