Posted to alt.home.repair
Lefty[_3_] Lefty[_3_] is offline

Default New regs to make furnace replacement more expensive

On 11/28/2012 12:32 PM, wrote:

And you want to extend that heavy hand of regulation to
a guy who has the freedom to choose between a 80%
and a 90% furnace. A non-existent problem, because
the vast majority of the market for furnace replacement
is already choosing 90%+ where it makes economic
sense for them.

Some people are too stupid to make intelligent choices and need to be
enlightened. Take incandescent lighting, for example. We had to ban the
manufacture of the 100watt energy hogs so that people would be forced to
make more efficient lighting choices. Thankfully today, we are all
better off because of a forward-thinking government.