Posted to rec.woodworking

Default How to make this profile?

"David" wrote:

I'd prefer to use a technique that is less reliant on the user's
(me) skill and more on equipment or fixture setup. But, I found an
inexpensive copy of Bingham's book and ordered it "just in case".
Thanks for the suggestion.

"Lew Hodgett" wrote:

I refer you to Fred Bingham's book, "Practical Yacht Joinery" for a
graphical
solution to layout the profile.

When you get book, find Fig: 5-42, "Geometric layout for any camber".

Provides a good gamber for your top.
As I said, I'm strictly a Normite, but this IMHO, is strictly hand
work.
http://tinyurl.com/bwf5euz

This will show commercial long boards available from Jamestown
Distributors.

I made mine using plywood and rubber cement to hold sandpaper strips.

A 4' x 36" rigid board should do a good job (1/2" plywood) of cleaning
up surface.

Have fun.

Lew