Posted to uk.d-i-y
jgharston jgharston is offline

Default 100 amp isolator

ARW wrote:
I am not sure I get this bit of the link
"It's safer because the supply tails are fixed and finalised in a sealed
unit - instead of being left hanging loose ready to connect to the meter."

I was puzzled by that. From what they did in my place I inferred it
mean that the consumption-side installer installs consumption-side
tails into the isolator, and the the supplier comes along and installs
the supply-side tails into the isolator; instead of installing the CU
and leaving a pair of tails dangling for the supplier to wire into
their meter.

JGH