Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] krw@att.bizzz is offline

Default I wonder how Stormin Mormon feels

On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 08:40:24 -0500, Home Guy wrote:

KR Williams ) wrote:

You can't steal intellectual property. (*)

That just shows how stupid you really are, HomeGuy.

You can't be charged in the law for theft unless the item being stolen
is real property (physical, tangible).

Intellectual and creative property is not real property.

Has anyone told you, yet today, that you're an idiot? Consider
yourself told.

You *can* violate copyright agreements (with legal consequences).

That is theft, HomeGuy.

Violating a copyright agreement is violating a copyright agreement - not
theft.

Wrong, as usual. It certainly *can* be a criminal offense. It *IS*
theft.

Theft has criminal consequences.

So can copyright violations, moron.

Violating copyright agreements have civil consequences.

Have you ever heard of copyright law? It exists because copyrights are
agreements between parties that exchange creative works for some form of
compensation via a contract.

One again you prove how utterly stupid you are.

Someone who uploads (or makes available) copyrighted works is
breaching a copyright agreement.

So are you, by copying it.

You have the right to make a copy of a creative work that you have a
license to possess under the concept of fair use.

Totally clueless.

Someone who downloads a creative work via torrent is violating the
copyright agreement for that work only because during the download they
are also simultaneously making the work available for others (ie - they
are uploading while they are downloading).

Wrong, as usual. Good Lord, you're one dumb *******.

Someone who downloads the work from a file-locker or from a binary
usenet group can't be charged with copyright infringement. Note that
when the file locker MegaUpload was taken down and raided by
authorities, that NO USERS (no downloaders) who downloaded from
Megaupload were identified or charged, even though the server logs would
have identified them.

Geez, what a moron!

Anyone who obtains copyrighted works from others *is not*
violating any copyright agreements.

You really are stupid, HomeGuy.

If that is your way of saying that I'm wrong, why don't you provide a
cogent explanation as to why? Are you incapable of such discourse?

You *ARE* wrong, in every way! You are one reprehensible toad.

You can't steal intellectual property (ie - you can't steal a
patent) but you can be sued for practicing the claims of patent
(which usually means profiting from it) because you didn't license
it.

Utter nonsense, but we've come to expect that from you, HomeGuy.

And we've come to expect that you are simply an argumentative buffoon,
with no intellectual capacity or reasoning behind your bombastic,
juvenile outbursts spewed in this thread.

You are just a common thief, and one of the dumbest assholes on the
Usenet. Fact.