Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Espen[_2_] Dan Espen[_2_] is offline

Default Finding light canvas

"dadiOH" writes:

W. eWatson wrote:
On 11/27/2012 3:36 PM, Oren wrote:
On Tue, 27 Nov 2012 15:02:12 -0800, "W. eWatson"
wrote:

Canvas I've found in our small town to 12K people has been fairly
thick and heavy. I've used some 8x10' sheets for equipment I leave
outdoors; however, there are time when I want to cover piles of
good quality dirt to prevent weeds from growing on it. I don't need
heavy canvas for that. I do have one 4x6' sheet with grommets in
the corners that is light. I'm not sure it's water proof, but that
many not matter for my application. Perhaps Amazon, Wall-Mart,
Costco, Home Depot or other big stores sell it. Ideas?

Can't say about canvas.

Black plastic might serve you needs. Used to cover piles of soil.

Warp Brothers 12-4CH10B 4 Mil Black Plastic Sheeting, 10-Foot by
25-Foot

http://www.amazon.com/Warp-Brothers-12-4CH10B-Plastic-Sheeting/dp/B003V0P50G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1354059127&sr=8-1&keywords=black+plastic+sheeting

Find it locally...

Nix to "plastic tarps". it disintegrates and leaves fibers blowing all
over the yard.

Go buy a roll of visqueen. No fibers and it will last for a year or two at
least before the UV messes it up/

Plastic pool covers are designed to withstand UV for much longer than 2 years.

--
Dan Espen