Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default New regs to make furnace replacement more expensive

On 11/28/2012 9:33 AM, wrote:
On Nov 27, 6:57 pm, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds" atlas-
wrote:
In article ,
Kurt Ullman wrote:

In article ,
"Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds" wrote:

In article ,
wrote:

Why can't libs just leave people free to choose?
Is that so right wing extreme?

because one Cuyahoga River on fire was one too many?

FInd it somewhat telling that you have to go all the way back to '69 for
your example.

what's wrong with 1969? does that make the river catching on fire any less
significant that say the BP oil fiasco in the Gulf or the recent compounding
pharmacy cock-up?

Both BP and the compounding pharmacy in MA were
under the regulation and inspection of govt. The federal
govt in the case of BP and both the fed and state govts
in the case of the pharmacy. So, clearly significant events
still apparently occur with or without govt regulation.
And no one died in the river fire.....

Nothing is perfect. Our current system evolved because even though you
will find it hard to believe we know that there are amoral people who
will do anything for a buck.

So we try to strike a balance and have a reasonable amount of
regulation. No system is perfect. Mt niece is a pharmacist and I asked
her about that compounding pharmacy and she said they had gone beyond
the scope of their license. Clearly we can't station an inspector
everywhere but it is silly to infer that all regulation is ineffective.
Human nature is not this simple thing with no shades as you imagine.

If you want to change it why not get the other few percent of the
population that believe all people in business are totally honest and
absolutely no regulation is required and get out and vote?