Posted to uk.d-i-y
sm_jamieson sm_jamieson is offline

Default Raw edge of a ceramic tile.

On Wednesday, November 28, 2012 11:22:48 AM UTC, GB wrote:
On 27/11/2012 18:33, Justine Time wrote:

Hi Guys.....

I am thinking of making a splash back on kitchen worktop using some

ceramic tiles (1 tile high). The thing is the edge of the tiles are

unglazed. Is there anything I can apply to it so it keeps clean and is

wipable. The first thing that I think of is some sort of varnish.

any suggestions appreciated.

Paint it the same colour as the wall. That's probably the easiest.

Or you could try some of that gloss tile paint.

I have a couple of bits of bare tile edge where I have tiled up around my cooker hood (only about 50mm long though) and probably too high to notice, but I'll probably use white emulsion since that will soak in a bit and disguise the edges.
Simon.