Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lieutenant Scott Lieutenant Scott is offline

Default And now I've seen it all ...

On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 07:49:33 -0000, dennis@home wrote:

On 28/11/2012 02:24, Arfa Daily wrote:

"charles" wrote in message
In article op.wof3c81tytk5n5@i7-940,
Lieutenant Scott wrote:
On Tue, 27 Nov 2012 14:09:29 -0000, Man at B&Q
wrote:

On Nov 27, 1:03 pm, "Lieutenant Scott" wrote:
On Tue, 27 Nov 2012 07:53:22 -0000, dennis@home
wrote:
On 26/11/2012 23:42, Lieutenant Scott wrote:

Considering an old woman got done for speeding while being
scared of a
lorry tailgating her, yes they probably would.

Its stupid to speed up if you are being tailgated.

You tailgate me and I will slow down.

And I would just ignore the tailgater, or allow him to pass.

The slowing down is to allow him to pass. If neccessary I will slow to
complete stop until the ****wit is out of harms way in fromt of me.

He is tailgating you BECAUSE you are going bloody slow.

Moost lilkely you are being tailgated by someone who is impatient. If I'm
doing 70mph in the outside lane and someone has come up fast beind me,
I'll
pull over when I've finished overtaking the vehicles on the inner lane.

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18

This morning I was in a van being driven by my son. We were on a main
road heading to his new house. A woman pulled out in front of us in some
little piece of crap that should have had a key sticking up out of the
boot, and proceeded to hold us up for the next three miles at just over
20 mph. We tailgated her to a distance of about 1 inch, but she was
completely unfazed. No nervous looking in the mirror, no weaving about
in consternation - nothing. Except of course random touching of the
brakes every time the car half a mile in front of her slowed down a tad.
We would have gone past her, except that whole stretch of road is a bit
up and down, so has double whites up the centre for a few miles.

Arfa

There is a solution to someone who tailgates like that..

you get your camera phone out and take a couple of short videos showing
the persistant tailgating.
You stop sudenly (and reverse into the tailgater if needed).
you phone for an ambulance.
you show the proof it was the tailgaters fault when the police turn up
as they will when an ambulance has been called.

its an old scam and there is nothing the tailgater can do except get
charged.

So beware of odd driving in old cars.

You wouldn't have been doing 20 mph if it were me as I would have
stopped and explained to you why it is necessary to get slower when you
are being tailgated (or maybe just I would let your tyre down).

And when you stopped he would have simply driven round you.
The arsehole is the one holding someone up, not the tailgater.
What makes you think just because you are a slow **** that you have the right to make everyone else go at your speed?

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com