Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_13_] Frank[_13_] is offline

Default Finding light canvas

On 11/27/2012 6:02 PM, W. eWatson wrote:
Canvas I've found in our small town to 12K people has been fairly thick
and heavy. I've used some 8x10' sheets for equipment I leave outdoors;
however, there are time when I want to cover piles of good quality dirt
to prevent weeds from growing on it. I don't need heavy canvas for
that. I do have one 4x6' sheet with grommets in the corners that is
light. I'm not sure it's water proof, but that many not matter for my
application. Perhaps Amazon, Wall-Mart, Costco, Home Depot or other
big stores sell it. Ideas?

Might look at Typar non-woven polypropylene fabric. It is used in
landscaping.

http://www.typarlandscape.com/