Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Oven Temp, Frigidaire Elec. Range, Model FEF357CESE....Thanks,but no luck

On 11/27/2012 3:00 PM, wrote:
On Tuesday, November 27, 2012 2:18:43 PM UTC-5, NorMinn wrote:
Obviously? You are dreadfully wrong....turned to lower the temp, per
the little arrow markings.

Yes, obviously. You turned it the wrong way.

The direction you turned it causes the dial to INDICATE a lower temperature for the position of the control. Turn it the other way to cause the dial to indicate a *higher* temperature.

Guess I missed you lookin' over my shoulder whilst I did the adjusting.
It APPEARS that the dial setting is not proportional to the excess
temperature and the temp varies a great deal.....a sign the sensor
thingy is shot?

Also, your vent is plugged, which is why you're getting this "blast of steam" you're hell-bent on obsessing about.

Steam burns aren't fun, and opening the oven is like taking the lid off
a boiling pot while facing right into it. I'm not obsessing about it,
just feel it is unusual. Per my uneducated glance at schematic for the
range, there is only a small (1"?) tube venting the oven....can't see
the opening of the vent atop the range, as there is a steel flange
sticking out of the opening.

But you're gonna chuck the oven anyway, so why cop an attitude over it? You asked the question. Don't act like a petulant know-it-all when someone gives you the answer.

Ditto.