Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Wild_Bill Wild_Bill is offline

Default Anybody recommend a good camera that I can use with Win98?

I forgot to mention another option, which is a USB port universal memory
card reader to plug into a computer (cheap ones are available for ~$10 or
less).
These readers typically accept several types of storage devices.

When the memory card is removed from the camera it's inserted into the
reader and the computer will see the card as an external storage device..
the pics can be copied, deleted, renamed etc with the computer just like
handling files.

Be sure to check the computer specs for USB 2.0 or newer, a reader may not
be able to operate with USB1.1 or whatever the older standard was named.

Many newer computers (and TVs) have card slots built in, and memory cards
can be used directly with the TV or other multi-media equipment (if the
saved image format (pictures, video audio) can be read by the equipment,
which it normally can).

It's frustrating/disgusting that many manufacturers are rushing products out
into the market when support isn't available.

--
Cheers,
WB

"Robert Macy" wrote in message

Thank you for THAT heads up! I have no idea how to make certain the
two work together, but 'unreliable'? arrrggg! That's the WORST kind of
failure mode.

Without the manual, [which is NOT available I guess for two more
weeks] I have no idea what SD card will work. Perhaps there's a
section just for Vivitar. I'll make certain they're returnable just in
case.