Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Oven Temp, Frigidaire Elec. Range, Model FEF357CESE....Thanks,but no luck

On 11/26/2012 2:56 PM, dpb wrote:
On 11/26/2012 11:50 AM, Norminn wrote:

... I'm wondering if anyone has a manual that gives the codes for
calibrating the oven temp setting?...

http://www.appliance411.com/faq/temp...ibration.shtml

--

This link was helpful....I pulled off the knob for oven temp (there is
another, separate knob, for bake or broil or clean). What a rinky-dink
piece of equipment. The knob has two screws on the back which loosen a
little plastic toothy thing to turn to lower or raise the temp. I
slipped it two notches (10 degrees each notch) to lower the temp. Tried
it out....60 degrees too high with oven on for 20 min; forgot about it
for a while, and after about 90 min the oven was 100 degrees too hot!
So much for that....I want a gas range, so just need to convince HWMBO
) Found a source for a whole new regulator...the "sensor", lead and
regulator....close to $300!! Not surprising, but dang irritating...got
lots of baking to do, and then help grandson with stuff he like to bake.
I had my heart set on a five-burner, but would be happy to get a four
burner, basic 60's style range with no
electronic/automatic/mind-reading/internet communicating crap! Thanks
for help!

I'm going to write my congressperson about appliance companies...pass a
law that requires engineers to USE appliances they design for 1 year
before marketing...my new washer is like watching natives beat their
laundry on rocks in the river )