Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Thanks guys was: Quick temporary repair for hole in wall

On Nov 26, 5:25*pm, Oren wrote:
On Mon, 26 Nov 2012 17:20:28 -0500, "Steven L."

wrote:
On 11/26/2012 10:41 AM, Steven L. wrote:
To repair the plumbing for the kitchen sink, it was necessary to break
the wall under the kitchen sink to get at the plumbing. *The hole is
about 7 or 8 inches in diameter.

Until I can have the hole repaired permanently, what can I use to cover
that hole temporarily? *I'm worried about insects or even mice coming
through there tonight.

Thanks, those were all good suggestions.

I covered the hole with duct tape, but the edge of the duct tape is
abutting the hot water pipe. *Could that cause a problem?

Not likely. It is only temporary.

That reminds me of an old saying...

It's only temporary...unless it works.