Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Garage door torsion spring relocation project (Status = Not goingwell)

On 11/26/2012 10:04 PM, Danny D. wrote:
My garage door torsion spring relocation is NOT going well.

First, I tried to relocate the spring anchor plate 18" to
the left where I 'thought' there was wood - but that turned
out to be a solid steel beam!

Then, I moved it 12" to the right, where I 'thought' there
was a cripple stud - but - it was just a flimsy piece of wood:

As has been said I don't know how many times---open up the damn cavity,
see what is there and add blocking or other solid structure where you
need it and be done w/ it.