Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Help! Sharpening meat slicer blade

On Mon, 26 Nov 2012 20:06:20 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Mon, 26 Nov 2012 13:08:33 -0800, wrote:

I have a meat slicer that uses a 6.5 dia. proprietary blade. The blade
has notches cut into the periphery but is not really scalloped. So
anybody here know the best way to sharpen this blade?

Kevlar gloves and an 8" 1200-grit diamond plate would be the quickest
method. Hone the edge, flatten the back, and strop it perfect.
(They're single-sided blades, right? If not, hone both sides and
deburr with the strop.)

Have you done this Larry? I was thinking along the same lines. Though
I don't have any Kevlat gloves I would arrange things so that a slip
won't result in a trip to the emergengy ward.
Eric