Ron

Default Cutting dovetails in birch plywood..

I'm planning on using birch plywood for my current kitchen cabinet project.
Going to use 1/2" (9 ply) for the sides and 3/4" front & back.
I've been experimenting with my new half-blind dovetail jig and using of
scrap
3/4" 5-ply maple plywood and getting some really poor results.

The rounded portion on the pins(?) are breaking off (1-ply worth) and this
seems to be causing the joint to flex a lot.

I'm using a Freud 1/2 14 deg bit in a Bosch 1617 router.

Should I expect better results with the better quality birch plywood - OR -
is this just a bad technique (inexperience) on my part.

I not planning on having a lot of birch leftover and don't want to
experiment
on it too much.

ThankX
Ron