Posted to uk.d-i-y
SteveW[_2_] SteveW[_2_] is offline

Default Where's my water stop-cock?

On 27/11/2012 11:07, wrote:
Thanks. I'll keep looking; the kitchen hasn't been moved, and there's no basement so that's two things I can discount. Nor is there a water meter.

Ours is not immediately obvious - the pipe comes about six feet into the
house, pops up to the stop-cock in the gas meter cupboard under the
stairs and then turns 180° to drop back under the floor and continue
onwards.

My parents' is plastered into the wall in the kitchen, with just the
gland and stem sticking out, behind the fridge under a worktop.

It's worth checking in/behind every cupboard and appliance.

SteveW