Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

Default Raw edge of a ceramic tile.

On Tue, 27 Nov 2012 18:33:21 +0000, Justine Time
wrote:

Hi Guys.....

I am thinking of making a splash back on kitchen worktop using some
ceramic tiles (1 tile high). The thing is the edge of the tiles are
unglazed. Is there anything I can apply to it so it keeps clean and is
wipable. The first thing that I think of is some sort of varnish.

any suggestions appreciated.

Just a hint: Be VERY careful of the sharp edges on cut or broken
ceramic tiles! A while ago I was pulling weeds out of the front garden
when my finger slid up the side of some old tile that had buried
itself deep in the earth God knows how many years ago. Opened the skin
practically down to the bone like a Stanley knife. Needed stitching up
in A&E.

MM