Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Where's my water stop-cock?

Lobster wrote:
On 27/11/2012 10:14, wrote:
I've just moved into my new house and I can't find where the water
services come into the house - specifically, where the stop-cock
is. The previous owner was a buy-to-letter and isn't taking my
calls. How on earth do I find it, without employing a plumber (not
that I've anything against plumbers, just against spending money
unnecessarily!)?

Are there nearby houses of the same type and age? You could take the
opportunity to say hi to your new neighbours and ask where theirs are

That's a good start.

I have often found the stop cock under floorboards, and the best one ever
was in the landing wall behind a picture!

But the favourite bet is that it it just boxed in somewhere.

--
Adam