Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default Cost of moving a consumer unit

On 27/11/2012 14:48, Bill Wright wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Bill Wright wrote:
Sounds reasonable to me. Because of overheads (vehicles, insurance,
compulsory training, accountancy services, H & S, etc), we need to
turn over £400 per man per day.

Sounds like a good reason to find a one man business. ;-)

There's an irony here. Although one-man businesses are likely to be more
efficient, what they don't have is a team of cheap workers. If I take on
a job I most likely have to do it myself, because if it's a small job it
isn't worth organising a low paid casual worker.If the job is a simple
menial one this is not cost effective, because I'm obviously looking for
the hourly rate that I would otherwise get on a more demanding job.

Bill

As an electrician I guess it must be difficult finding a domestic job
that isn't 75% dogsbody work