Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Where's my water stop-cock?

How old is the property?

Brian

Email:

"polygonum" wrote in message
On 27/11/2012 10:14,
wrote:
I've just moved into my new house and I can't find where the water
services come into the house - specifically, where the stop-cock is. The
previous owner was a buy-to-letter and isn't taking my calls. How on
earth do I find it, without employing a plumber (not that I've anything
against plumbers, just against spending money unnecessarily!)?

It's not under the kitchen sink.

Thanks.

Probably somewhere on the ground floor (though if you have a cellar, it
could come in there).

You might be able to follow your ears when a tap is running or cistern
filling?

--
Rod