Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Where's my water stop-cock?

On 27/11/2012 10:14, wrote:
I've just moved into my new house and I can't find where the water
services come into the house - specifically, where the stop-cock is.
The previous owner was a buy-to-letter and isn't taking my calls.
How on earth do I find it, without employing a plumber (not that I've
anything against plumbers, just against spending money
unnecessarily!)?

It's not under the kitchen sink.

Well its possible there is no internal stopcock. However there usually
is. It may be in an adjacent cabinet in the kitchen - sometimes happens
when layouts change.

There may be an external stopcock under flap in the ground. If there is
a water meter, there may be one adjacent to that.

Can you follow the cold pipe back from the kitchen tap to the place it
enters the house?

--
Cheers,

John.