Posted to alt.home.repair
US Judges are the enemy US Judges are the enemy is offline

Default Carpet or Hardwood flooring?

On Wednesday, Nove

It's a personal thing. However, I much prefer solid floors, meaning

tile, linoleum, or wood. Carpeting is too much trouble to clean and

maintain, and it builds up dirt that can cause problems for people with

respiratory problems, no matter how much you clean it.

A throw rug can be out over hardwood, yet it can be taken outdoors in

warm weather and be hosed down, and can be replaced without an

installer. The only bad thing about throw rugs is that they like to get

bunched up and slide around, which can trip people. I have heard they

sell some sort of velcro fastners to help with that problem, but I'm not

sure where to buy them.

If you spill beer and **** on the floor get wood or laminated.
Throw rugs need duct tape to hold them in place. Or you can buy a roll of carpet grippers and cut to size. Naw duct tape is much cheaper.