Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Oven Temp, Frigidaire Elec. Range, Model FEF357CESE

On Nov 26, 11:50*am, Norminn wrote:
Just bought a home with the electric range. *Oven temp is way too hot,
50-75 degrees. *Turned it on about an hour ago to 300, and oven
thermometer is consistently reading 350. *Seemed on T'giving it varied
more, but there was a huge turkey in the oven and the door opened
regularly. *I'm wondering if anyone has a manual that gives the codes
for calibrating the oven temp setting? *I've not used the oven a lot,
but have burned a pie and muffins ) *Another issue with this range is
that when I opened the oven door to ck the turkey, I got hit in the face
with a blast of steam...never had that happen, gas or electric. *I'm all
for getting gas range ASAP, as there is no longer parts avail. for this one.

Have you pulled the oven knob off the range to see if there is an
adjusting screw opening behind the knob? If there is, give the screw
a 1/2 turn and see if the oven temp is closer or farther away from the
knob indication. Then keep turning the screw in the appropriate
direction until the knob and the temp agree +/- 10 - 15 degrees.