Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Help! Sharpening meat slicer blade

On Mon, 26 Nov 2012 14:49:05 -0800, Gunner
wrote:

On Mon, 26 Nov 2012 13:08:33 -0800, wrote:

I have a meat slicer that uses a 6.5 dia. proprietary blade. The blade
has notches cut into the periphery but is not really scalloped. So
anybody here know the best way to sharpen this blade?
Thanks,
Eric

Voila!!

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+...t+slicer+blade

Wow, there sure are a lot of "Hey, hold my beer and watch this!" posts
there, mon. Scary ****, Maynard.

Chef Frank hones his knives on the fine stone and THEN steels them?
Moron. You want to straighten them first. I don't see where they got
the "sharpen a meat slicer" name for that video, unless he calls his
chef's knives "meat slicers." (first google link)

--
Good ideas alter the power balance in relationships, that is why
good ideas are always initially resisted. Good ideas come with a