Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Improvised milling machine

On Mon, 26 Nov 2012 19:43:59 -0500, William Bagwell
wrote:

On Mon, 26 Nov 2012 16:24:17 -0400, Leon Fisk wrote:

Do you have one of the many oscillating/multi-tools? Like this:

http://www.harborfreight.com/variabl...ool-67537.html

These cutters would probably cut aluminum okay (get extras):

http://www.harborfreight.com/1-18-bi...ade-68912.html

Should look a bit better than chisel work, maybe...

Hmm, have seen those plugged in and ready to play with at Home Depot. Can not
imagine them taking a heavy cut in aluminum, but it might be just the ticket to
clean up the mess left by what ever method I end up using.

You'd be surprised. BTW, the single-speed version is on sale for $15
right now, with coupon. You can't afford NOT to have one. I'm sure
the blades will cut aluminum (I've cut iron/steel screws with them
with no apparent dulling), but if you're not sure, get the bimetal,
diamond, or carbide half-moon blade. Keep the swarf from building up
in the cut and it cuts extremely fast.

Question: Doesn't the metal bat house get too warm for the critters?
And what do you use for condo separations inside?

--
Good ideas alter the power balance in relationships, that is why
good ideas are always initially resisted. Good ideas come with a