Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Using a metal gasifier to run a metal generator using chips made of wood, not metal

"Pete S" wrote in message
I have been feeding woodgas from my Chinese JXQ-10 gasifier into my
Onan 6.5NH genset on and off this summer, in an attempt to figure
out how to reliably convert wood chips to electricity.

I'm getting closer, but I ain't all the way there yet.

Don't tell anybody, but I have been feeding the genset some pretty
tarry carbon monoxide and hydrogen gas. But so far, the engine still
runs fine.

If you have nothing else to do, you can see my log of this summer's
related events at:

http://www.spaco.org/JXQ10A.htm

Pete Stanaitis

One of my books on alternate energy warns that the first sign of
trouble will likely be the intake valve stem stuck in its guide after
the engine cools. IIRC if you miss that the second is either a bent
pushrod or the valve smacking into the piston.