Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adam Aglionby Adam Aglionby is offline

Default 12V LED Recommendation Please

On Nov 26, 8:44*am, "the_constructor"
wrote:
Just started to rent a garage that has no services in.

I wish to put some lighting in, so the best thing to me would be LEDs as
this will be able to run on low power consumption from a 12V car battery.

I am wondering about light fittings and also the type of cable I should use.

I am a novice when it comes to LEDs so would like to get views from others
more well informed than me.

How many lamps should I use, lamp fittings, cable etc etc etc.

I will be using the garage to do repairs to my own vehicles and other small
repair jobs but need good light.

Jim G

5m roll of 5050 LED tape, resin coated for water resistance, 60 LEDs/
m, cut to lengths.

Power consumption typically 14-16W/m , leisure batteries longer lived
than car batteries.

Cheers
Adam