Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_4_] Steve W.[_4_] is offline

Default More fun

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
wrote:
On Sun, 25 Nov 2012 20:35:07 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"

Too bad I'm not closer, I don't accomplish a whole lot some days
either, but I'd be game to help.
I apprecieate the, but I'm about 1.7 hours north Orlando. If I
didn't think so little of lotteries, I could go buy that winning
powerball ticket, I guess. Of course I'd have more money than I knew
what to do with. ;-)

Just keep on the way you are and you'll have more money than if you
buy the tickets.

Tickets? I haven't bought one in 20 years

One of the local scrap yards has 3 buildings made from shipping containers.
They poured a large pad. Set one container on each side, put regular
roof trusses up (steel in one wood in the other two).
Sheathed them in ply and installed metal roofing and siding. Two are
enclosed with garage doors on the end the steel one is open on both ends.

I was tossing around the idea of three 40 footers U shaped on a 6" slab
with steel trusses. Figured if you put anchors in the ground, welded the
containers to those, then welded the trusses in place it would take some
serious wind to move it.

--
Steve W.