Posted to uk.d-i-y
David WE Roberts[_4_] David WE Roberts[_4_] is offline

Default 12V LED Recommendation Please

"the_constructor" wrote in message

Just started to rent a garage that has no services in.

I wish to put some lighting in, so the best thing to me would be LEDs as
this will be able to run on low power consumption from a 12V car battery.

I am wondering about light fittings and also the type of cable I should
use.

I am a novice when it comes to LEDs so would like to get views from others
more well informed than me.

How many lamps should I use, lamp fittings, cable etc etc etc.

I will be using the garage to do repairs to my own vehicles and other
small repair jobs but need good light.

The Lidl and Aldi LED 'wand' lights are reasonably priced, provide a good
light, and can be charged from 12V or 240V sources.
However they won't provide as much light as a couple of large mains
flourecent tubes.
See other comments on converting mains tubes to 12V operation.

[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

(\__/)
(='.'=)