Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nightjar Nightjar is offline

Default And now I've seen it all ...

On 26/11/2012 09:51, Chris J Dixon wrote:
Nightjar wrote:

Some dipped beams. The cut-off on mine is flat across the entire width
and the car looks at the beam pattern when it starts up, so it is always
set correctly for the load.

There's clever! How does it do that?

No idea, but I presume it has something to do with the various video
cameras the car is fitted with. Start the car at night and you can see
the beams move up and down until they find the right position. When I am
driving on the wrong side of the road they also automatically adjust so
as to give the best vision range without dazzling drivers of oncoming
cars or cars on the road ahead, but that feature does not work in the
UK, where I only get conventional dipped or main beam.

Colin Bignell