Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner[_7_] Gunner[_7_] is offline

Default More fun

On Sun, 25 Nov 2012 20:22:57 -0500, wrote:

On Sun, 25 Nov 2012 17:04:02 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Jon Elson wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Jon Elson wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

I went out to the main shop today, to discover that several beams had
cracked. The roof leak, and desroyed most of the parts & shelving. My
parts room is a disaster. The door delaminated and the window fell out.
How can so much damage happen in a couple months? I'm tempted to sell
the few tools that survived and hire a bulldozer to remove the whole
damned mess.

This is where you had the fire, or am I confusing this with
another disaster? Sounds pretty awful!

Don Nichols had the fire.

Right! So, that means there have been TWO catastrophes! Terrible!
Well, you need to keep an eye on buildings, and can't really leave them
for MONTHS without checking for anything going wrong.

I was busy repairing other problems That makes two bad roofs out of
six. I went out to wash some clothes two months ago and had part of the
ceiling of the laundry building fall. Apparently, when it was reroofed,
they shingled over holes in the old, used plywood. I didn't know it
when I bought the place, but it was owned by a Mr. Fixit who couldn't do
anything right, except hide his crap workmanship. At my age and with
my health problems I can only work a few hours a day, most days. Some
days I can't do anything.

Too bad I'm not closer, I don't accomplish a whole lot some days
either, but I'd be game to help.

Same here.

Gunner

1. Lie