Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default And now I've seen it all ...

On 26 Nov 2012 09:19:38 GMT, Huge wrote:

I keep meaning to mount a photographic flashgun facing backwards in the
rear window for the benefit of tailgaters, especially those with main
beams on.

Wouldn't need to be a flash gun just a brief burst froma and LED torch.
I'd also use it for those horribly hard cut off HIDs. Mate has a Merc
with those he followed me out of Dumfries the other night, every single
large bump in the road and it seemed he was flashing his lights.
Fortunately being in a Discovery by the time he was behind me I can't see
headlights at all, but I'd hate to have been in a lower car.

Mentioned it to him and he got, and still is, most defensive. But did
complain that my main beam wasn't enough for him to over take? Eh? if his
lights are so good he doesn't need to use mine! I suspect it's the hard
cut off, he has a pool of brightness, that reduces his night vision, and
there is nothing beyond the cut off. Normal halogen headlights have some
spill that illuminate, to some extent, beyound the cut off.

--
Cheers
Dave.