Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default And now I've seen it all ...

On Mon, 26 Nov 2012 02:33:20 -0000, Arfa Daily wrote:

On top of this, on more than one occasion, I've almost run into the
back of a motorbike that's turned out to be a car with the offside
tail light out.

You must have pretty poor eyesight, did the car not have reflectors?

Quite. Now the other way with offside head and sidelight out is another
matter. You might get a bit of sparkle from the unlit cluster but that is
easy to lose ona wet night.

Fog lights look like brakes, I never use them. If you're following
someone in the fog and they brake, you might not notice.

Agreed. I use rear fogs when it is really foggy (not just a light mist or
heavy rain) but as soon as some one comes up behind I turn them off.
How can you replace a bulb wrong, they have ****ing notches!

Oh dear ...

Well they are all polarised some how to get the fitting right. I guess we
are under estimating how ham fisted some of the great unwashed are or how
difficult some car makers make access to the bulbs.

--
Cheers
Dave.