Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default And now I've seen it all ...

On Mon, 26 Nov 2012 02:24:57 -0000, Arfa Daily wrote:

Oh yes ! That is my biggest lighting hate. I think it just goes to show
that during driving tuition, the principle of dipped headlights is not
taught, and the drivers who do this have no idea that a dipped beam on
the wrong side of the road, is straight in the face of an approaching
driver.

Wrong side or not you still can't see if anybody has door open or is
moving around a parked car with it's head lights on.

Seems that only two positions a taught for the light switches, all on
(inc front fogs) or all off.

Whenever I come across one of these, even though my dipped beams must
be in their face, I still give them a long blast of my full beam in the
fond hope that they might actually wonder why I've done it, and perhaps
finally realise ...

I go to main beam in the hope I might get enough back to see if there is
some body or a door open. Did that the other night and the dipped lights
did go off, some one was leaning into the car to do it but I didn't see
them until they turned off their dipped head lights... I then turned my
main beam off.

--
Cheers
Dave.